Catching Fire and Mockingjay

by - July 01, 2012


Finished reading this series!! I know.. i took a long day to finish a book, i don't know why :( If people usually can finish a book in two days, it will take me 3-4 days to finish it. I don't know, maybe i have too much things to do, or i usually end up with fall asleep and regret the next morning because i forget to tuck the bookmark so i have to find what the last scene i read. But yeah, finally, my curiosity had ended. Well, well. So, here we go.


Fire of rebellion had ignited. And Capitol wants revenge.
Katniss Everdeen succeed as a winner of Hunger Games with Peeta Mellark. But her winning ignited Capitol's anger. Katniss' winning turns out to be a rebellion spirit in some districts against vicious President Snow.President Snow will not do nothing. He impends Katniss to pay everything she had did, and the only thing that could soak the spirit is to show her true love to Peeta when they are on their winning tour. But if she failed, all of her family and loved ones are at stake. Will she succeed, failed, or found another way?


Every time i read a trilogy or sequel books, i always love the first sequel. Twilight, Ingo, Hush Hush, i love their first sequel. I'm not saying the rest of the other sequel are bad, but not as good as the first. But different with The Hunger Games trilogy. i LOVE the second book of The Hunger Games the most, Catching Fire.
It's even challenging than the first one, and made me tense all the time. It made me couldn't stop reading because too curious and i think it is brilliant. I emotionally mad when i read this book, the story is unpredictable. I was nearly screaming, "WHAT THE HELL, PRESIDENT SNOW??! Is he even a human.." and i realized it was midnight and i was alone in my room. Oh, well. But -really, i love the second book most! Not boring at all. I love how Suzanne Collins always had epic or climax scenes in the end of every chapter. Like a never ending problems, and made you keep reading the next and next after.


I am so TEAM PEENISS. I know Gale is handsome, i know! But i love when Katniss with Peeta. If they want to get married, they had my blessing. They would be a good parents ;) a hunter and a baker. Mommy goes to the forest to hunt, while the kids stay at home with daddy and bake a cupcakes.. Nice.

And of course, i can't wait for the movie. Source said it will released on November 22, 2013. Long way to wait.. Please, please, please, make it great!! -it should be. The Hunger Games movie was good, but not as great as the book. That's why.. please!! If not....

image

Omg, i will be on tears, lol.
People are crazy about who will cast Finnick Odair and Annie.


I don't really care, but they should choose the right person. Finnick will affect the movie too, you know.

☆☆☆☆☆
Rate five stars for this book. Really.

Katniss Everdeen had survived from Hunger Games, twice. But it didn't make her get out from Capitol's threat, even now she is under the protection of District 13. She has to do something, because she is everybody Mockingjay, the fire of rebellion itself.
Every district is fighting to defeat the Capitol. Now, none of Katniss' loved ones are save. President Snow will exerting all his power to destroy the Mockingjay, for anything. Will she survived while she want to kill herself indeed?
For me, this book is mostly emotional, literally. Yes, i want to cry when read this, and get mad, and sad.   And literally, i got confuse when i read some part of the story, when Katniss got severe shock, because it drives me with her thoughts, and i felt i got mental disorders too. Lol. How great the words are, huh?
But overall, i don't like the last book of The Hunger Games. It is good for the whole book itself, but the weakest for the whole series. I got bored -really, in some parts, because it's all about emotionally and mentally disorder. I know, Hunger Games broke their mind and their life, but in some way, i disappointed too, it seems like Katniss didn't do much except made a great propo and became a good role model to other. At the end, she didn't fight much, did she? Or i missed something, maybe?
She didn't do much fight as in book one and two, maybe because the Hunger Games had ended. But still, even when the final determination of the rebellion, she did little part, then she faint because of the firebomb. I don't know if i missed something or i read it in sleepy condition, but i couldn't imagine more than that.


I know, she went to Capitol, down to the war herself, lead her group, but all of her rebellion group did that too. And then she's running, put her bow a little, running again, hiding, and so on. Not much strategy. Moreover the first part of this book, mostly she tried to recover from her 'mental disorder' even it written that she sure she didn't had a mental disorder, and acted by words. So.. not too challenging as the first and second book, i think.


But it really made me mad 100% when they get Peeta back. I 100% mad to President Snow of what he did to dear-pretty-boy-and-gentleman-and-sweet Peeta, until i realized he is just a fiction. Both of them. Okay.

image

At least, i satisfied with the ending. Good ending. Read it yourself to know if you are on the same side with me.
"My name is Katniss Everdeen. I am seventeen years old. My home is District 12. There is no District 12. I am the Mockingjay. I brought down the Capitol. President Snow hates me. He killed my sister. Now I will kill him. And then the Hunger Games will be over…" 
☆☆☆
Three is okay.
But ☆☆☆☆☆ for the whole series.


image

You May Also Like

3 comment

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad hearing you like Hunger Games series so much :D me too can't wait for second sequel "Catching Fire" to be released. *cheers*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes!♥ Suzanne Collins is brilliant :) i hope they will make a good movie of it.

      Delete