Fashion Show: Anne Avantie 25 Tahun Merenda Kasih

Sunday, November 1st, 2015

This night i attended Anne Avantie Fashion Show for her contribution in Indonesia's fashion industry for 25 years, Merenda Kasih. For you who isn't familiar with Anne Avantie, she is the famous Indonesian fashion designer especially for Indonesian traditional clothes called Kebaya. She is the trailblazer for modern kebaya which very pretty, elegant and never out of style, and made us proud to use it. She transforms traditional kebaya into something more fashionable to use, in line with fashion trends nowadays. If you want to know more, of course wikipedia will explain it for you Anne Avantie Wikipedia. ˭̡̞(◞⁎˃ᆺ˂)◞*✰

I feel a little bit anxious because everybody were dressed formally on her seminar and i was there like, okay today i'm going to meet a famous person in fashion industry and i will use this damn sweatshirt. I have no idea lol.

I was not a fan before i attended her fashion show and seminar. I only knew her outline from my mom, whom i think she adore Anne Avantie, and since my friend invited me to join to, i decided to know about her and her mighty creations (๑ ́ᄇ`๑) So before i explain more what i got from her seminar and what about her, i will show some photos of her fashion show event.

Ce Vica and me. Didn't have anyone for take a photo of us so we did enough with selfie(s).
Before her show started, there were three fashion designer from Surabaya who also joined to show their creations.


The first one is from Soiree Gown.
Damn i couldn't figure it out how to use my camera to capture all these beautiful dresses. It's my first time and i got front seat, and i'm really sorry for uncle beside me because he must be really bothered with me taking pictures all the time.

Oh! I have intermezzo, about how i got my seat.
After checked in (shown my invitation, and so on), me and my friend got inside the ballroom and I WAS AMAZED by how many person that didn't get a seat. Like, REALLY. I know i was a little bit too late but there were still A LOT of people standing outside the ballroom, still checking in, taking photos and even casually drinking, and we were standing there like idiots (ㆀ˘・з・˘). We tried to back and forth running around from left to right and i was in my twelve centimeters high heels, and got back to our first position because WE DIDN'T GET ANY SEAT. I started to think what if i just went home because damn i won't standing for three hours in my high heels. So these people was also anxious until the waitress got us bunch of chairs. BUT. Since there were so many people who didn't get a seat, just when the chairs were coming, they swarmed the waitress and snatched the chair. I AM SERIOUS. Hell no i'm going to snatch for chair too (」゚ロ゚)」NOOOooooo━ So the waitress kept coming with ten chairs per period, until the MC had standing on stage, sign that the show would start immediately, me and my friends only had one chair. The waitress still went back to pick more chairs, yet there were so many people who stood up. But later than, a guy who should be Anna Avantie's crew, came to use and asked how many seat we need. Then he said,"just go front there, beside the stage, say this name, they'll know and you both can sit there". And i was startled like.. what? We got VIP seat??? ( ꒪Д꒪)ノ

So me and my friend walked passing these people who were ready to see the show since the ballroom was became darker. Well i didn't walk, i ran a little, as i could on my high heels and tried to not disturb the others. That guy who gave us seat even let us know when we sat on wrong row and let us to sit even closer to stage. YAASSS we didn't have to battle with those people for chairs ٩(⌯꒦ິ̆ᵔ꒦ິ)۶ᵒᵐᵍᵎᵎᵎ

I shouldn't have brag about it, i felt like upper west side random girl trying to fit in upper east side's party in Gossip Girl, but whatever. Whoever it is, thank you for letting us getting the seat. Lesson from that night, don't nag about everything and putting anger first to other people (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑ God has prepared fortune for each of us.

So, back to the main story.

 
Soiree Gown Collection called Blue Moon.


They got Tarik The Tenor to accompany the dresses, which was very beautiful.

Designers.
I only got few photos for their collection because i was still on setting mode for my camera. I've never used my camera for these kind of event soooo i was kind of shitty for today photos. Ugh.

Next was from Priska Henata for her collection called Beau.


This wedding gown is my fave! Because, look at those details.


Soooo cute, yes?

 
 

All these dresses look so heavy. Being a model is really hard, man.

Next, from Natalia Soetjipto, a collection named Dea Della Belleza.


Natalia's collections are more sparkly and gold, like a holy grail, a goddess feeling.
And all blurry pics sponsored by me. Sorry.


And noooowwwww time for the main star ( ˃̶ω˂̶ ૃ)


The host were changed to these Indonesian artists, Ruben Onsu & Julia Perez. I adore Julia's Kebaya because she's curvy and that Kebaya is like made just for her.


The lights were getting darker and old traditional song with jazz touch played on background. The models came out with smile and dancing a bit. I love the fun feeling!


I know my images are shitty but look at those details! I love how she made it with modern twist.
As i learn sewing, i know how hard to make it. Hearts!!


I really want to ask Anne where she got all of those material. Are those handmade? All of it?


Favorite one! I'm not sure if the pants will be comfortable enough because it was all lace, but i like that cape and the details on her neck.


All of her kebaya were super duper amazing, all the details, and finished neatly. Her creativity never fails to amaze all of us.


The brain and the colors of these beautiful kebaya, the one and only, Anne Avantie.


She walked the catwalk and greet the people who gave her support and flowers, one by one, as all models accompanied her on the stage.

Now, about the seminar we went a day before...
The first time i heard about Anne Avantie seminar, i was not that interested. I just thought, well okay i'll join if it's not too expensive since i also want to see her creations with my own eyes. I had never attached to her works before. But when i got home from her Seminar, her speech was mind blown.

Saturday, October 31st, 2015


I always thought that fashion designers characteristic are flamboyant, glamour, high profile, since the world demand them to be one. Fashion is a very expensive world. Because if it's not expensive, you know the difference, you can see it, and it's not couture anymore. Anne Avantie is one of big designer in Indonesia, who had started her works since like long time ago. Her creations are remarkable, yet unexpectedly she is a very humble person.

She shared about her young memories, how she started everything, the struggle, and how her mom is everything to her. She also shared that she wasn't came from big city and that's made her a bit not suitable with glamour fashion life in Jakarta and she doesn't even bother to try. She concerns about the helpless and little ones. She carried a lot of experience in to the room and humbly shared to us. She had a house where accommodate children with sickness, based on her mother who recover well from cancer in 1997. When she said she was actually not in a good condition right now, because weeks ago she was just had surgery and frankly she should be in bed for rest right now, it hit me. She was extremely passionate to share her stories to us amateurs! ₍₍ ◝(●˙꒳˙●)◜ ₎₎

She made me fascinated and i was really keen on watch her show the next day. She is such a strong lady and very down to earth. Sure enough she was called Bunda (Bunda is mother in Indonesian subtle language) because she's a great role model to us.


And still, her creations are amazing. Super detailed.

I wish health and wealth for her so that she could keep creating remarkably arts like what she does right now. I did not regret any time i spent to join her seminar, even it took a whole day (6 hours). I hope Indonesia has more admirable people like her! Best wishes, Mrs. Anne Avantie!⁽⁽٩(๑˃̶͈̀ ᗨ ˂̶͈́)۶⁾⁾

Comments